Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Princess Diana Death Is Murder By Prince And Family:Wills And Kate Wedding

USA TODAY College contribution Julie Ryan, a junior at American University, shares the scoop on the royal wedding from the front lines in London.

     
I've always been one of those Americans who care too much about the British royal family. I do not remember the death of Princess Diana in August 1997, and I only vaguely remember watching her funeral on television. But I remember thumbing through a copy of my mother Princess Diana memorabilia People magazine issue that came out shortly thereafter.

     
Of course, it followed that I was one of those American girls, which should be every bit of news about Diana's sons, Prince Harry and Prince William. I read about all of Prince Harry, crazy adventures, his frequent visits to nightclubs, to his questionable Halloween costume choice. I discussed with the other girls, whether it was creepy or cute, that William gave Kate an engagement ring to his mother. For the record, I think it was a nice gesture!

     
So when I came to London, I felt right at home with royalty-obsessed Brits. When I went on a bus tour of the city, my guide pointed out exhaustively the various royal families of sites, from your favorite grocery store to the old queen's hairdresser Diana. British newspapers run stories about at least one member of the royal family every day. And most of these stories is not very hard hitting. I would not be surprised if the Guardian has decided to run a story about how the Queen's favorite color is now blue, not purple.

     
You will not believe how much of the royal wedding-related souvenirs at these stores: shirts, keychains, umbrellas, rain ponchos (a bit sticky?) And glasses (of course, sticky).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More